Our school district also uses the SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communication to parents and staff members on matters such as attendance, general interest activities and campus and district emergencies. In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information we kindly request that you create your own contact preference profile using SchoolMessenger’s Contact Manager web site.
The Contact Manager feature allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed.
In to customize this service, follow the steps below to create an account through the secure Contact Manager web site provided.
Here are the steps for setting up your account:
1. Enter the following URL into your web browser: https://contactme.schoolmessenger.com
2. Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
3. You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to enter a valid email address, a password, your name, and zip code. You’ll use your email address and the password you enter here to sign in later. Check Email me when I have a new phone message if you would like to receive an email message each time there is a new message in your mailbox. Click Create Account when you are done.
4. Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org which contains a link to activate your account. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
5. Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to add your child to your account. Click the link on the main page and add your child’s student ID and Activation Code.
You can find your student’s SchoolMessenger ID and Activation Code in PowerSchool under the Email Notification tab on the lefthand side of the screen. If no activation code is provided, a parent portal account has already been activated. Repeat step 5 for each student.
When you have finished adding each child to your account, you will be brought to the Edit Contact Details page where you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.
Thank you for signing up and please send us questions or comments at email@example.com.